Have you ever had to tell a small lie to spare someone’s feelings? If you have, you’re in luck because on April 30 is National Honesty Day! Studies show that at least 6% of humans are dishonest once a day. Whether you’re conducting business, speaking with children, or if you’re a politician, honesty goes a long way toward instilling confidence. This day was created in the 1990s by a press secretary to a former Maryland governor. It’s possible this day was created on the last day of April in contrast to all the foolishness from April 1.
Some of the benefits from being honest:
- displays being an authentic and genuine person
- boosts confidence and courage
- builds the foundation for trust
- shows self-acceptance and maturity
- start of great friendships