Take Time To Get A Flu Vaccine
November 4, 2021
- Flu vaccines help to reduce the burden of flu illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths on the health care system each year.
- This season, all flu vaccines will be designed to protect against the four flu viruses that research indicates will be most common.
- Vaccination of people at higher risk of developing serious flu complications is especially important to decrease their risk of severe flu illness.
- People at higher risk of serious flu complications include young children, pregnant people, people with certain chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease, and people 65 years and older.
- Vaccination also is important for health care workers, and other people who live with or care for people at higher risk to keep from spreading flu to them. This is especially true for people who work in long-term care facilities, which are home to many of the people most vulnerable to flu.